Monday, July 21, 2008

More motorbike.

So the starter turns, that's a good sign. Problem is the main fuse gets really hot. I couldn't find any wires that were improperly grounded, but I found a number of wires that were... Weird? The previous owner did something goofy with the wiring; he soldered some together and wonky things like that. Anyway, the high beams don't work, the turn signals don't flash and the brake light doesn't work. The horn doesn't work, but that's because there isn't one ha. I'm sure it all just comes down to dirty and corroded connections in the wiring which won't be too much of a fuss really. I did lose a blade terminal for one of the plugs because the wiring had a hole in the insulation and the wire was rotted/corroded inside; I cut it and took out the terminal for the plug and dropped it (damn). That might be the only issue to be honest because it was a main wire. I'll be picking up some new wiring things at Transistor Hut today.

I have to figure out the clutch adjustment because right now the kick start and the starter motor do not engage the engine with the clutch in. And the electric start doesn't turn unless the clutch is in. Oh my.

1 comment:

mhariclaire said...

You should get a multi meter!